Monday, November 11, 2013

{30 Days of Simple Toddler Toys} Day 11: Books


I know you were thinking it..."When is she going to post about books?"  Books are the most fundamental simple toddler toy necessity.  At the risk of sounding cheesy (cheese!) books can teach your child so much (beyond just how to read) and take them places they've never been (or ever will be).

I think my husband has finally conceded to the fact that you can never have too many books.  We have enough books here to catalog them and start our own library, but Greyson's gift list will always include books.  Always.

Barefoot Books have the most amazing books for children, and there is FREE shipping on orders over $60.  That means you can stock up on books for all the children you know (and even for a few different holidays, birthdays, and baby showers!) to earn that free shipping.

For the holidays, Barefoot Books has created Dazzling Gift Sets for even more savings.  These sets come shipped loosely (meaning they're not packaged together), so you can buy a set and separate it amongst a few children or even a few special holidays.  Here are a few of my favorite sets.
Curious Cleo Gift Set

Alison Jay's Laptime Stories Gift Set

Singalong and Swingalong Gift Set

Traditional Tales Gift Set (including our new book, The Little Red Hen)

The Little Red Hen


I ordered Greyson one of Barefoot's brand new books, The Little Red Hen. I've always loved this traditional tale, but when I saw the illustrations in this book, I knew it was special.  (It also helps that it comes with a Story CD narrated by none other than Debra Messing!)  Check out the illustration by Kate Slater below.


Here's a few more of my very favorite children's books that I think should be in every home with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)